Friday, July 8, 2016

Day 3 & 4

Thursday: I had my first day with Dr. Snedeker and I think it will be a fun class. I turned in my Research Proposal and we discussed our drafts of the Objective and Subjective writings. I feel like I was pretty spot-on in my understanding of the assignment.
Dr. Widenaar is growing on me. He has great energy and intent, but is pretty scattered. I have learned some cool shorthand on Word, Excel and Youtube links. I am filling my shopping cart with mental ideas for technology and its future role in my classroom.
World Music is amazing. We discussed Calypso music and music from the Caribbean, played some games that other groups had created and delved into prep for our own game that we would be doing on Friday.
Spent the evening trying to not go crazy in the Library and work on my listening guide for World Music on a song called Ta' Umai. It is awesome.....

Friday: We met Dr. Smith this morning and I need to find a time to meet with him one-on-one. We took a tour of the Music Library and than did a class report where we found a book and gathered info about it... was ok.
 Booked it to Tech and had a good time there as well. I am excited to familiarize myself with Sight Reading Factory.....
World music was awesome again. We did our game today and then jumped into Latin American music. I love all these styles and think I could be an Ethnomusicologist in another life..... Then he gave us time to work on our stuff and I have my project figured out roughly.
Worked at Brenda's tonight and finished 2nd listening guide and presentation prep. I will be talking about the Hybridization of music in out day (mixing more than one style to make it sell.) I like this project and think it will put itself together.

This is quite fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment